- This story about a disgruntled D&D dungeon master was performed by actor David Mildon for the Liars’ League Halloween event in October 2018. David’s epic performance can be watched here.
- Published in the debut issue of A Million Ways magazine in May 2018. Available to buy here.
The Machine Room
- A story written for Popshot Magazine’s ‘Light’ issue, about an inventor who is not what he seems. Published in issue 18 of Popshot in October 2017 along with a stunning illustration by Nick Taylor. The issue was also reviewed by UK Lit Mag Review.
- A story told from the perspective of a character in a computer role-playing game akin to 1987’s Dungeon Master who begins to question the rote nature of his existence. Published by CartridgeLit in their NextGen Temple issue on 11 July 2017.
- Inspired by the Hans-Christian Andersen story The Shadow but with added social media, this story was published on the website of The London Magazine on 19 July 2016
The Veil of Stars
- I’m very grateful to the award-winning Lighthouse for picking up this story for their twelfth issue in July 2016. Much less of a conventional story than my usual work, this piece uses space travel as an extended metaphor for dementia. Available to buy here.
- Inspired by TV talent shows and the refugee crisis, and published by Litro in their Britishness issue in March 2016.
- This story about nationalist historiography featured a galaxy-full of space aliens and a predictably topless Vladimir Putin. It was a semi-finalist in the Broken Pencil Indie Writers’ Deathmatch in January 2016, which was a fun – if exhausting – battle for votes. Available online and also in print with a beautiful illustration. You should buy the print version and ideally subscribe to Broken Pencil. as it’s an excellent magazine with some of the best comics I’ve ever seen.
- Inspired by a trip to Vilnius to attend the Summer Literary Seminars in 2012 and published in Every Day Fiction on 7 August 2013.
- Aliens. Babies. Allegory. Published by 3:AM Magazine, on 28 March 2013.